WordStacker is a card game of stacking, stretching, and mixing up words to score points to win. Quick to set-up and easy to learn and play. It’s for 2-6 players over 15-30 minutes. The kids were a bit sceptical at first but surprise, surprise they quickly started praising the game when they were winning.
Create new words every time you play, win points, and stack your way to victory… BUT BEWARE you can quickly get sabotaged by your opponents if you aren’t careful. Anyone can win this game of strategy and wordplay as we found out when playing with the kids, there were no two games the same.
It’s a great addition to family game nights. Kids love it because they get to play without help from parents, AND they can have every chance to win. Adults love it because it’s not always about what you know. It is a fun game of strategy and challenge but it is also extremely fun.
how to play wordStacker:
GOAL: Make new words by stacking, stretching and mixing-up letters to score points. First to score 100 points wins!
- Split the cards into blue (Action cards) and yellow (Letter cards).
- Lay out a set of 4-letter words according to the number of players in the game (2-3 players = 3 words / 4-5 players = 4 words / 6 players = 5 words)
- Separate the Letter cards into two decks: vowels and consonants.
- Shuffle both packs well
- Deal 2 vowels and 4 consonants to each player, then shuffle the Letter cards back together and place face down to create a Letter card draw pile.
- Shuffle the Action cards and deal 3 cards to each player. Place face down to create an Action card draw pile.
- Keep your hands secret!
- The player to the dealer’s left goes first.
Playing the Game:
There are 2 types of Action cards in the game;
Score cards which have a score value and; Sabotage! cards for sabotaging your opponents
Score cards include:
- Stack 2, 3, 4 and 5 letters
- 1 letter word stretch & multi-letter word stretch
- 1 Word Mix-Up & Mega Mix-Up
- New Word
Sabotage! cards include:
- Miss a Go
- Reverse Play
- 2 Card Swap
- Find a Letter
- Steal a Letter
On your turn you can:
- Play 1 Score card
- Play 1 Sabotage! card
- Do BOTH! (Surely the best way to play?)
Once played, Score cards remain face up in front of you where the other players can see them. Add up your Score cards during the game to keep track of your score. At the end of your turn, restock your hand to 9 cards choosing any combination of Letter and Action cards. Play then passes to the next player.
In Order to win WordStacker You Need to be the First to score 100 points wins!
We loved this game; it was competitive enough for the children to stay interested but also it was fair play to everyone, and nobody had an advantage over anyone else. Red Knight Merchants sent this game to us so thank you. Honestly it is fun for all the family and it would be perfect for the upcoming holidays to stop any fighting or we are bored comments.
5/5 ratings all round from the adults and kids alike.